Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Looking Ahead

Oh,boy!  I have a super busy weekend coming up here at my little home!  My sister and her children will be coming back for another visit.  They will make the drive up on Saturday and leave Sunday evening.  Just a quick visit, but its a dual purpose one, lol. 

When I started the 30-Day Challenge on June 1st, she started doing it for the second time.  We took our measurements and weighed in.  This weekend, though a day early, we will be tallying up our progress and see just how far we have come.  I am excited!  I have worked hard this past month to stay on track with it, I had a few set backs but did pretty well otherwise.  I don't think that I have lost as much as I had hoped for but this is the beginning for me.  I plan on continuing with exercising and even try some diet changes as well.  I am looking forward to the day my goal is completed.

While she is here, I will be trying some new recipes for our Saturday night dinner.  I love experimenting with food and having company gives me the perfect opportunity to do so.  What will I be serving?  We will be having Grilled Chicken, but this will be an old recipe that my grandfather used to use.  Our sides will include broccoli salad, corn on the cob, baked beans and deviled eggs.  Nothing unsual and all of which I have had and made before but Im trying some new recipes for them.  For dessert, I plan on making a White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake!

A day at the lake, will also be taking place, weather permitting.  I love the little beachy lake we have by our house.  Its a great place for the kids to run out some energy, and for me to catch some sun! 

So, yes!  This is going to be a busy full weekend of spending time with my family!  I cant wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...