Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My Green Thumb 3

Summer has definitely came in with blast..........a heat blast that is!  I am so glad that I got most of my gardening done already.  The thought of watering my plants with sweat does not sound too appealing right now! 
 
This little project took place last month.  I had already planted all my bulbs and anything that was previously planted had all started to come up. This side of the house was lacking when compared to the others.  Sure it had the row of Hostas and the Snowball bush (which needs some serious  trimming) but it is a deep space and just seemed empty to me.

 
I wasn't quite sure what to do here really.  So, I headed to Lowes and picked up some flowers to get me started.  I wasn't familiar with the flowers I bought but they all said that they would attract butterflies (which I love)  So I grabbed up a handful and went with it!


 
Loving the color that it added!  They are perennials so hoping that they take well and produce better next year.  Gotta start from somewhere, right?
 
 
We also still had a small pile of creek rock laying around, so I threw some of those in there for walking stones.  They have came in pretty handy when its been time for weeding.  I also liked it because it separated the Hostas from my newly forming Butterfly Garden.

 
My Green Thumb is continuing to sprout and maybe one day I can get the weeds to stop growing!  Until then......I will pick away!



 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It still needs some work but this is our first year in this house. Another year or two and it should grow up to what Im hoping it to be. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Isn't it amazing how adding a few stones and plants can give an area purpose? I hope you have butterflies by the droves! You made a beautiful addition to your space. :-)
    Blessings,
    Kim @ Curtain Queen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I adore butterflies and would love to see more around my house. I have been reading up on butterfly gardens since I finished this and hope to continue to add to it. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  3. Lovely! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    Thank you for sharing your garden at Tuesdays with a Twist! I hope you can join us again today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it Tuesday again already? Where do the days go! Im heading over your way soon! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Your plants look great! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! They are coming along.....hoping next year that they start filling in some.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...