Friday, June 21, 2013

An Extra Hour Please

Do you ever wish that there was more than 24 hours in a day, or more than 7 days in a week?  I know I surely do!  I work a 40 hr Monday-Friday 9-5 job and it really takes a toll on my home life.  My day starts at 5:30am and I get home from work at 5:45pm.  By time I get dinner fixed and dishes done its almost time for bed......my whole day is gone in the blink of an eye!  I know you shouldn't wish your life away, but I cant help but to hurry through the week to get to the weekends!  Seriously. this year is flying by and I feel like I have missed the whole thing.
 
My weekends are filled with playing catch up on everything! Laundry, housework, shopping and preparing for the week to come.  I feel like I never truly get a day of rest..........is anyone feeling me here?
 
I started doing two challenges this month.  A 30-Day Challege for weightloss and a home organization challenge hosted by A Bowl Full of Lemons.  I have been keeping up really well with the exercising.  I did miss two days due to being out of town and having company over, but I have stuck with it and will be posting my results come the end of the month.  You can check at all my befores HERE.  The home organization, I am sad to say has not gone so smoothly.  The first week was the KITCHEN and I did really good with that one.  The second week was the garage, and I admit, I totally skipped this one!  Our garage is so full that the thought of touching it was so overwhelming, and I had no clue where to start.......or the money to put out for the bins and such that I was gonna need.  We were also out of town for a wedding so my town was very limited.  This week was the pantry.  We don't have a pantry, so I skipped this week also.  I do, however, have a shelving unit in the garage that I store extras on, so I may work on that this weekend.

My husband calls me a busy body, because I am always running around doing something!  Its not that I have to always be doing something, its just that there is always something that needs done!  He just doesn't understand what it really takes to make this life work.  We are on a strict budget so Im always couponing, and scouring the web for deals.......anything that will save us money...because honestly we don't have it to waste!  There is always laundry that needs done, or a floor to be swept.  These things just don't magically happen on there own.  He just seems to think I have OCD, lol.  No dear.......I am normal, I promise! 

Anyone have suggestions on how to create that extra hour in a day?  I would love to hear them?  I just feel like Im rushing through life and wasting away doing chores!  How do you work a full time job and still maintain a clean home?  How do you ever find the time to kick back and relax? A little help please? 

One of my favorite quotes comes from the movie Yours Mine and Ours........A house is made for expression not impression.  And this is said because the house is a mess in the movie!  I like the idea of it and I try to live that carefree way, but I just cant!  I want a clean house and still feel like Im not doing it to impress anyone.  Struggling here! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...