Saturday, June 8, 2013

Week 1: Kitchen = Organized!

I must say I am so glad that I have taken on the challenge!  My kitchen is looking great and has become a lot more functionable.  The challenge is hosted by A Bowl Full of Lemons, and you have got to check it out!

My kitchen cabinets were the first thing I worked on.  I don't have a lot of them so it wasn't too difficult to complete.  Here are the first set of before and after:


 
I bought all the bins at the Dollar Tree for one buck a piece.  Everything has been separated in to categories.  All I need now is labels!
 

 
More bins!  I ran out and haven't had a chance to get back to the store.  The cereal all came out of the boxes and was separated into zip lock bags.  Takes up less space, makes it portion ready, and stays fresh longer!  Double whammy!
 

 
Our previous flatware holder was not deep enough to hold everything.  By switching to these smaller ones (from the dollar tree), I was able to get them all in and no more sliding out of place. 
 

 
If you notice, there is a lot of things no longer in this drawer!  I have found them a new temporary home......on the counter top!
 

 
There is still some more work to be done.  One week while working a full time job and taking care of the family is a short time to overhall my kitchen but I still feel successful with what I was able to complete.  Plus, Im saving some pictures for my full room reveal!   Coming soon!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Love the kitchen and organization. My kitchen is small and we don't have cabinets to store them, I have one though it's sort of a book cabinet it's durable and working for us for now. :)
    New GFC follower from Mom's Monday Mingle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have organized your kitchen. It looks fantastic! I'm your newest follower through gfc. I found you over at Mom's Monday Mingle link party. I'd love a follow back at gloriouslymade.blogspot.com.
    Have a good night,
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I am an organizational freak. I like everything thing nice and in its place. I am just hopping over from the Moms Monday Mingle. You can find me at http://motivatingmommy.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...