Saturday, June 29, 2013

Broccoli Salad

My mother makes the best Broccoli Salad out there, just saying! 
 
 
 No matter how many different recipes you try or how many restaurants you go to, no one ever seems to cook as well as our own mothers.  I love my mothers Broccoli Salad.  Its one of my favorite sides that she makes for grill outs.  With my sister coming up for a visit today, I figured it would be nice to make something that would make her feel a little bit more at home.  Its an easy peasy recipe ta boot!
 
 
Step 1:  You need about 6 cups of chopped Broccoli.  Clean and rinse prior to chopping.
 
 
Step 2:  Add 1/4 cup of diced Red Onion.  You can use which ever kind of onion you prefer, but we use the red.

 
Step 3:  Add 1/2 cup of chopped Walnuts.  I buy these pre packaged in the baking aisle.
 
Step 4:  (picture not shown)  Add 1 package of cooked and crumbled bacon.  Buy fresh, the bacon substitutes will not be the same!
 
Step 5: (picture not shown)  Add two cups of finely shredded mild Cheddar Cheese.

 
Step 6:  In a small bowl you will add 1 1/2 cups of Mayo, 2 tablespoons of white vinegar, and 1/2 cup of white sugar.  Wisk together and add to broccoli mix

 
Step 7:  Mix all ingredients together very well.  Cover and refrigerate over night for best results.
 
Today, I am serving this along side corn on the cob, baked beans, deviled eggs, grilled chicken (weather permitting) and white chocolate raspberry cheesecake! Recipes for the rest of todays menu soon to come!
 
Now time to get started on the rest and wait for my sister to get here! 
Home Stories A2Z


4 comments:

  1. Looks pretty simple. I really enjoy broccoli.

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great and so easy to make! By the way, I nominated your for the Liebster Blog Award here:
    http://www.chaosandcrackers.com/2013/07/and-award-goes-to.html
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super easy to make, and everyone here seems to enjoy it! I always make it for BBQ's. Thankyou for the nomination. I started folling via GFC!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...