Wednesday, July 24, 2013

WIP Wednesday 1

Today I am joining in on the fun of posting my first WIP Wednesday hosted by Tami's Amis and Other Creations.  Every Wednesday you can linkup your work in progress and show off to the world what you have in the works!
 
 
I found out a couple weeks ago that I am going to be a Great Aunt!  This was very exciting news!  I love babies and love making things for babies even more!  The problem with making things for a new baby is...........you have a deadline.  So, I knew I had to get started right away if I was going to have things finished before the big arrival. 
 
 
I racked my brain trying to figure out what I was going to make.  I had a couple ideas in mind but wanted something special, something that I hadn't done before.  Trying to think outside the box was begining to stress me out, lol.  So I started hosting a weekly All Things Baby linky party looking to all of you for a little help!  There is three days left so be sure to stop over HERE and linkup any post, idea, advice that you have that pertains to babies!  I can use all the help I can get.
 
 
In the meantime, while I waited to see what all of you had in store......I started searching for a pattern.  I always make a blanket in some form, whether it be knitting, crocheting or quilting.  My grandmother made everyone of my children one and I like to keep with the tradition. 
 
While searching online I came across (for the millionth time) the above pattern from Lion Brand Yarn.  It is called Tree of Life Afghan and is a free pattern on their website that you can find HERE.  I actually printed the pattern out back in 2011 but was too intimidated to ever try and make it.
 
 
Until now!!!!!  Ta Da.......my WIP!!!
 
Now,  I didn't follow the pattern quite as layed out.  The full pattern was going to be way to big for a new born baby, so I decided to change things up a bit.  I skipped through the pattern and just started to work on the block that has the trees in it. 
 
I have a whole story line planned out for this new little creation.  It is the cutest thing ever.  I don't want to give away my idea just yet though.  You will have to check back later......this is for sure going to be in the family heirloom box!
 
 
 
 

Daisy Cottage Designs

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is an awesome blanket!
    I am loving your WIP it is looking great already.
    Am following you through G+
    x
    Natalie
    Marigolds' Loft

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have been working on it more this week......cant wait to have it finished!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...