Monday, July 15, 2013

My Green Thumb 5

Out in the yard this week we finally had some new color popping up!  The rain beat the glads down pretty good but it did bring out the blooms.  Only one small problem..........my glads are RED!!!  They were supposed to be pink!!  A pretty soft carnation pink....but that obviously is not the case here.
 
 
I know with Hydrangeas you can plant pennys to turn them blue.....anyone have any idea on how to make these pink?  Did something go wrong in the soil?  Maybe its the weeds growing in the beds?  Who knows?  But I want them pink! Lol!

 
Don't get me wrong.......they are still beautiful, and I love them just the same, but pink is my color.  We went ahead and cut some of the ones that the rain knocked down so they didn't go to waste.  Made for a lovely display in the house.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...