Sunday, July 14, 2013

Burritos for Breakfast (recipe)

Reminder: Don't forget to linkup your baby related topics over at All Things Baby linky party!! Submissions end in two days!!

It is Sunday again!!!  I actually got up early enough today to post what I made for breakfast. This breakfast recipe is a little different than what I usually make on Sundays.....and that is because it is actually healthy!  With all the high-calorie things we have been having at this house lately, I wanted to go a little lighter this time around.
 
 
The family loves breakfast burritos.  I think its because they are a grab and go, eat with your hands type of meal.  Usually I do the standard sausage, egg and cheese but this time...I went in the complete opposite direction.
 
 
I started out with some things that I already had in the fridge that needed used up.  I diced up 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, 1/4 cup tomato, and 1/2 cup turkey.
 
 
This would be something nice and light to make after Thanksgiving to use up your turkey leftovers!  I didn't have any whole turkey breast to shred this time, so I used the cold cuts above.
 
 
With the temperature set to medium, drizzle a little olive oil in your pan and add the tomato, peppers and turkey.  You don't need to cook this long but just to heat through.  Then you will add in 4 egg whites.  Yes, only the whites!  For seasoning...I sprinkled the mixture with dried basil, salt and pepper.  Then scramble till cooked through.
 
 
Place on burrito sized flour tortilla shell and roll using your preferred method.  No Cheese!!

 
The measurements given in the above instructions only make  two burritos.  But you can easily double or triple.......add more or less of the ingredients to suit your preference.

 
These came out perfect!  The kids were not too thrilled with "healthy" aspect of it, but they did like them, and it gives for a more grown up taste. 
 
Enjoy!!
 
Sharing at:
 
 
 
 
 

PinkWhen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...