Monday, July 8, 2013

5 Star Cinnamon Rolls

It was like Christmas in July at my house this weekend!  On Sunday I made our favorite holiday breakfast........Cinnamon Rolls!  It has been raining for about 4 days straight here and the temperature has dropped down about 20 degrees, made for a few cool mornings that we were not prepared for.  So I decided to treat the kids and warm them back up a bit.
 
 
Ingredients:
3 loaves (thawed) frozen bread dough
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons melted butter
 
These cinnamon rolls are super easy to make with just a little prepping involved.  They are made from frozen bread dough loaves!  I had recently bought a five pack to make another favorite breakfast recipe with so this gave me the perfect chance to use them all up.
 
 
I always start out with getting all the small preps out of the way first!  You will use about 1/2 cup of walnuts...or your nut of choice....and finely chop them.  I do this by hand instead of the food processor because I don't want to end up with walnut butter, lol.
 
 
Then you will need to mix together all your dry ingredients.....brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts.  I throw in a little white sugar too, but its not needed.
 
 
Spread flour on your rolling surface to prevent the dough from sticking.  Be careful not to use too much, you don't want dry hard spots on your rolls.  Then roll out your dough to desired thickness.
 
 
Brush dough with melted butter, and sprinkle with the sugar mixture.  You will want to start rolling from the longest length, be sure that your not pushing out all of the yummy goodness inside.  You can wet the ending edge with a small brush of water to help hold shut.
 
 
Cut the dough into one inch rolls and place cut side down on a greased pan.  Note:  You will need to use a pan that is atleast two inches deep. Cover with a paper towel, and place in warm spot to rise.
 
 
Bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees and icing as desired.  I use a cream cheese icing.
 
Enjoy!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


12 comments:

  1. These look absolutely divine!! I could probably eat the whole batch, and not feel an ounce of guilt!
    Thanks for your comment on my $10 ledges and for following my blog! I'm also following yours through bloglovin!
    Selene @ Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are huge! Mine came out to be about 5x5 I was able eat one, lol......my husband on the other hand......well...lets just say they are now all gone! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delish thanks for visiting me, following via bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! I have everything.. I am making this for breakfast, if I can wait that long. I just might make them tonight :)

    visiting you from Coastal Charm, Jeanie - the tupperware chic www.my2.tupperware.com/thetupperwarechic
    www.facebook.com/groups/thetupperwarechic
    www.thetupperwarechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one thing good about this recipe........simple ingredients that you usually have on hand! Enjoy it and let me know how yours turn out.

      Delete
  5. I would have to take the nuts out but I love a good cinnamon roll!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nuts are def. optional! Its a good change though.

      Delete
  6. My mouth is watering! Thanks for linking up to Raising Imperfection this week while I'm a co-hostess! Please come back to Mommynificent on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Have a magnificent day!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I have a linkup going on as well for the next five days.....you should check it out! http://unravelingends.blogspot.com/2013/07/all-things-baby-linky-party-1.html

      Delete
  7. Mmmm your cinnamon rolls look SO GOOD!!! I can just smell them baking in the oven! I can't wait for the fall so I can start baking all those yummy breads and desserts like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to use my oven too much in the summer, heats the house up too much. I couldn't resist though. Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoy the recipe!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...