Monday, July 1, 2013

30-Day Challenge: July

Update 7/8/13
Here is a LINK of a video demonstrating the "Russian Twist".  In the calendar these are simply "twists".




I am ready for another month of success, are you?  I never thought in a million years I would say this.....but I cant wait to start sweating, lol!!
 
Ok, here it is, this months work out challenge!!
 
 
Ok, so you will notice some abbreviations and things you may not be familiar with.  I ran out of room in my blocks and had to shorten some things.  Cardio, there is no specific activity listed, but you can walk, jog, run or even do jumping jacks....suggested time is 20-30 minutes.  RC stands for reverse crunches, PU is short for pushups and SB is for side bends.
 
Everthing is pretty standard and most of you should know what they are except for the twists.  These are done by sitting on the floor, legs stretched out, knees bent with feet flat on the floor.  You will need to lean back slightly.  I hold 3-5 pound weights while doing this, about 8-12 inches away from chest.  Then you will twist moving your arms from one side to the next almost touching the floor, twisting to both sides equals one.  I was unable as of yet to find a video of this to share, but I will keep searching.  I am also going to try and get links up to all the exercises shown, if you need some help until then, just let me know and I will help you get started.
 
I ended yesterday with my results of June which are now my beginnings for July.  You can find those HERE.  If you joining in or following along, let me know.  Would love to see your results and get some feedback! 
 
Alright, lets do this thing!  Goodluck!!
 



7 comments:

  1. Good luck dear! I think I may as well print this and do it too. Need more weight to get rid of :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Im going to need it! Let me know if you join in, would love to share results and help you achieve your goals as well!

      Delete
  2. 'Love your 30 day plan! Plan your work and work your plan! I recently started CrossFit and LOVE it! Thank you for linking at Tuesdays with a Twist! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Im really working hard on this......hoping to knock five pounds out this month!

      Delete
  3. These are known as Russian twists try searching for a video using that. I love Russian twists and do them with both hand weights, usually 5 lbs, and also a 8 lb medicine ball, not at the same time of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much!! I updated the post adding a link to a demonstration video. I have done these before at the gym but had no idea what they were really called!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this info with us. I love "challenges" and at the moment it's been a challenge just getting to the gym 4 times a week.

    Thanks so much for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist! Hope to see you again.

    http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com/2013/07/tuesdays-with-twist-14-is-here.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...