Wednesday, July 31, 2013

WIP Wednesday 2

My second week joining in WIP Wednesday and I am excited!  Last week I got to see many peoples projects that they had going on ........all of which were amazing! I started following some new favorite pages and even received some return follows.  I love to do all crafts.....but crocheting I must say is my favorite and this linkup has let me connect with so many people that share the same passion for the needle arts.

Last week I shared the baby blanket that I started for my niece who recently found out that she is expecting her first child.  You can see the beginnings of the blanket HERE.  There is also a link to the free pattern in the first post if you like what you see here and wanna try it yourself.

 
This week, I managed to get the whole tree pattern completed.  It is looking great!  The original pattern is called the Tree of Life but I am making a whole different play on it.  I see two trees combining as one.....and since this is for a baby......I am considering this two "family trees" combing together (the baby). 
 
This is my heirloom gift to the new to be mother.  I plan on embroidering some leaves on the trees and writing a sweet poem to put in a card to go along with the blanket explaining the idea behind it.
 
I am definitely not a writer, so I am going to need some luck writing this poem, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...