Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I Sew Too!

When it comes to sewing,  I am a total ametuer! I never quite seem to get past that phase of it either, but I keep stitching on!  My seams are never perfect and half the time my cuts are not straight but no one around my house seems to care, or atleast they don't complain about it!

This week past week, I decided to make a gardening apron for my mother inlaw.  We were going to be spending part of Memorial Day weekend with her so I wanted to surprise her with a little gift.


 One thing that her and I have in common is that we love butterflies!  And I just happened to already have some material on hand with them on there.  The green fabric  and yellow bias tape was from a previous baby quilt I made for a friend.  The buttons left over from a crochet project, matched the colors of the fabric perfect so I through them on there as well!  It was nice to not have to spend a penny to make this!  Now I am on a mission to  make one for myself!


Thursday Favorite Things

Little Homestead on the Hill
This is a Blog Hop!

5 comments:

  1. I can't sew (I can cook, though), but I think even I might be able to do this! Thanks for stopping by the Mom's Monday Mingle. Following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the idea of a gardening apron. I am now in the habit of cooking in an apron so this would totally work when I'm outside!
    xo
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love this idea...so cute! You are very talented. This would be perfect to link-up to my Create It Thursday post...it's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/05/create-it-thursday-4-plus-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute apron! I think you did a really good job on it! Thanks for sharing @ Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...