Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Sunday Social 4


Sunday Social
 
Another weekend is coming to an end........and I must admit, I had a fantastic one! Then there is back to the doom and gloom of working tomorrow, lol.   Which is kind of funny that I am feeling that way because todays questions from Ashley Lately are about jobs!
 
1. What is your dream job?
My dream job of course, would be to not have to work a job at all!  Growing up I wanted to be an Oceanographer, which may have stemmed from the fact that I didn't live anywhere near an ocean.  I was 28 when I finally did make it there!  My last dream job though was to be a photographer.  I love to take pictures and do my own editing.  We have never had our pictures professionally done and we do not buy school pictures.  Gotta love photoshop!! I now work in the title (house) business, which is very mundane, and not for me at all.  But it pays the bills.  To be a stay at home mother to my three children (whom are growing up very quickly now) is the only job I am actually interested in having.

2. If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time?
Aside from doing a little bit of traveling,  I would be home....all the time!  I would have a huge garden (flowers and food).  I would constantly be redecorating my house.  Anything crafty, and tons and tons of picture taking!

3. What piece of career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?
If you are a creative person, then this job is not for you!  Not to be negative, but it gets very boring, and someone can lose interest very quickly.  But it is rewarding, and plenty of room for advancement.

4. What would be your ideal "just for fun" job?
Photographer.  I love the freedom it gives you to use your imagination and creativity.  Aside from the enjoyment that you would be giving people with your work.  Pictures are very important to me, and I would like to give that feeling to others.

5. What was your first "real" job?
Define real, right?  To me, any job that you are providing a service for someone elses benefit and getting paid for, is a real job.  You don't have to have a fancy college degree, of have some high position for it to be  a real job.  There are people who go through life, working in fast food, or at gas stations.......and while some people might not consider those "real jobs" because those are typically considered lower class positions, that doesn't mean they are not "real' jobs.   Can you imagine not having the convenience that jobs such as those provide to you?  Ok, done ranting, I try not to let my political views show on my blog.
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...